Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's Been a While

I believe May 30 was the last time I wrote a blog... nope, I did not fall off the planet... nope, I did not just disapear into thin air... I'm still here, alive and well. So, that being said, let me catch you up on what has been going on-- it may take me a few posts, but I'll get it all. And, for those of you who read Jim Droste's blog, I appologize in advance, some of this may be a repeat. :)

This past weekend, Jim, his parents, and I went to the Milwaukee County Zoo for a few hours. The last time I was there has to be more than ten years ago... so, needless to say, a lot has changed. For instance, I was extremely happy to see that the zoo wasn't using the old, dank cages like they used to and instead had made park habitats for most of the animals. It was a fun day to say the least!

Recently I applied for the Praxis II subject assessment exam for future educators. I'd like to be licensed for science (I am a biology major) and english and, in order to do so, I need to take these exams. I do, however, have a few qualms with these exams:
  • Each exam is $80 each time you need to take it
  • The science exam not only tests for biology but about five other subjects as well... most of which I've never had a class in... I guess we science majors drew the short straw.
  • I wasn't able to take both exams on the same day, which will create scheduling problems.
  • I had to push back my graduation date because in order to student teach by Fall '08, I need to have both exams passed by March.
  • Finally, I took a class with Charlie Hill as a type of English boot camp and ever since, my English skills/writing skills are completely screwed up.
On a happier-sounding note, Jim gave me his old computer speakers and now I have music from my iPod in my work office! It has been really nice to have! :)

Finally, since school is steadily creaping up on all of us, I had to start practicing again. When I began, I could only play for about 15-30 minutes before my chops went out. Now, I'm up to about an hour! I have until auditions to get up to about 2.5 hours of practice... hopefully it will show in my auditions! :)

Well, that does it for now, thanks for reading!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home