Friday, May 25, 2007

Game Night

Last night we had our fourth game of the season and are now 3 and 1 thanks to a one-run lead at the bottom of the 7th. For me, it was a difficult game. First, the weather was terrible and rained off and on the entire game. Secondly, a fly ball came right to me at center and I caught it only to have it fall out of my glove because my glove slipped off in mid air. I did manage to help the team by catching a fly again (I really caught that one) and by driving in a run my first time up to bat, but that was only after injuring myself while running to first base. As hard as I run, I should have known to stretch before, but I didn't and it resulted in pulling both muscles in my upper quads on both legs. I was a liability after that and even requested a runner. My left leg wasn't too bad, but my right leg was and is still sore today. But thanks to Jim who took care of me last night after the rain-soaked game, I should be healed up and ready to go for the next game!

This weekend Jim and I will be doing lots of things! Beginning tonight, Jim will start house-sitting Buddy--our pastor's dog. I will be going home to pick up my wedding dress and look for a list of things to buy for the wedding. Tomorrow, I will be picking up our rings and driving back up to Oshkosh to help Jim house sit and relieve him for a while as well. Sunday morning Jim is leading our 9:30 church service since our pastor will be out of town! I've seen him lead services before, but I always get so excited to hear him and see him up there! He always looks like he's enjoying himself and really seems to fit what he does because the other people love to hear and see him lead services too... I think Jim is a terrific puplic speaker who can capture people's attention and interest in the subject and project it in a way that allows the viewer to feel that it relates to them personally some how. I know, I know... I'm slightly biased... but he's just good at what he does! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home