Monday, August 13, 2007

Tetanus Shot

Saturday night, Jim and I were busy preparing the apartment and the hall for his Fox Valley Tech staff to join us for dinner the following evening. One of the tasks laid out in front of us was to haul this old/heavy door from a storage room up a flight to the front desk and try to re-attach it. Well, as I went to help Jim by grabbing one end of the door to walk with, I walked right past a rusty nail that I hadn't noticed sticking out of the door on my end. Needless to say a choice word came out of my mouth and I continued on with the moving of the door. When we got upstairs to the desk, I found that the nail gouged me and I had to wash out the gash it left behind. To make a long story shorter, I called my mom-- who has a nursing background-- and asked about tetanus shots. Basically, I couldn't remember the last time I had had one and began to get a little nurvous... I thought I had gotten some rust in the cut I had since part of it had black spots in it until after I washed it out. So, she thought it would be a good idea to go to the hospital... it was 10pm. Therefore, Jim and I spent an hour at the Oshkosh Mercy Hospital to get a tetanus shot. The nurses said that it was a good thing I came in, though, which made me very happy to hear... I thought it could have been a little silly for something so small!

One of the nurses actually told me that they recently had a guy come in who had a cardboard cut that had gotten a bacterium in it from the cardboard. Well, the guy had to be treated for days just for that little cut on his hand!!! Ouch!

Otherwise, the weekend went great! Jim and I helped move some friends of ours on Saturday and ate out a few times this weekend, which is always good! :)

Oh, and my cell phone came in on Friday! Jim had picked it up from the front desk early and suprised m with it on our way up to Appleton! It's so cool! And I keep trying to keep it clean, but I think that may be impossible! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home