Friday, August 10, 2007

Birthdays!!!



When I was little, my family and I would usually be well on our way to or in South Dakota on my birthday. I guess I was the lucky child of the three of us to have a birthday land on our typical family vacationing time. Well, since college, birthdays haven't been really anything special--usually just another day... and maybe I'd go to dinner with friends or family-- I guess I thought that that's what happens when you become an 'adult'--I didn't realize birthdays could still be fun. Well, this year was different. Aside from all the 'happy birhdays' I recieved on Facebook--which were great and really made my day!, this week has seemed like a big party. Earlier, Jim and I went to see a Timber Rattlers game; he and I are going to Chilli's (a favorite resturaunt of ours) tonight to celebrate another friend's birthday; tomorrow we are spending the day with some friends of ours and then eating at Applebees; and Sunday I get to go antique shopping with a friend and have Rocky Roccoco's Pizza with Jim in the afternoon! Yesterday, my parents called to wish me a happy birthday and sent me the most beautiful bouquet of summer flowers, which I took about a dozen pictures of! Yesterday, Jim's mom and dad sent me a card with an iPod gift certificate and my cousins/aunt/and uncle (and Peanut too--the cat) sent me a card as well! And, finally, Jim spoiled me by buying me a cell phone!!! I've never had one and it hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I am terribly excited! It will be my first cell and I don't even know how to use one yet! But, Jim said he'd give me a quick tutorial! Hopefully, it will be something easy for this not-so-savvy tech to use! :)

It has truly been a great birthday! :) Two thumbs up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home