Thursday, August 23, 2007

Busy Times...


These past couple of weeks have busy ones for both Jim and I. School begins in only a week and a half! And students will begin to move into the halls in another week. Jim's Fox Valley Tech staff have been extremely busy trying to balance training with the UWO ResLife staff while handling their students who have already moved in and begun classes last Monday! I've been trying to put as much practice time in as possible while also trying to study for my exam on the 8th! In addition I've been working on getting all of my school supplies together to be as ready for this semester as I possibly can.

Today Jim and the staffs from all buildings go to Camp Onaway for a little staff bonding. They will stay the night and finish up after lunch tomorrow. Having been there three times in my life as a staff member, I can honestly say it's sort of like a great mini vacation with friends that's sometimes not long enough, but usually just right. The camp resides on an island with a mess hall; cafateria; baseball diamond; a ropes course (very fun!); cabins; a dock with boats and water slides, etc.; a small store; and a more comfy bording 'house' for some of the staff members such as RHDs. For the past two days people have asked me what I will do with Jim being gone... that's easy-- have a party! Just kidding! Actually, my softball team's last game is tonight and I will be having a friend over for movies and dinner! So it won't be as lonely as some would think. :)

I am looking forward to this weekend... there's the campus' anual power outage beginning on Friday so, Jim and I will be headed up to Appleton for some shopping and goodies (hopefully Chili's will be on the menu as well). While we're up there, I'm hoping to get some new shoes for school-- Khol's didn't have much. And, on Sunday, Jim and I may go down to Oconomowoc to visit my cousins before one of them go to their first year of college! :) I'm so excited for her!

Well, that's it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home